Effective 12:01 a.m., PDT, June 01, 2015
By virtue of the authority vested in me by ORS 477.505, I have determined conditions of fire hazard exist in the following subject area and declare Fire Season to be in effect:
All lands protected within the Douglas Forest Protection District and all forestland within one-eighth mile thereof.
The following acts are prohibited during fire season in accordance with ORS 477.510 and ORS 477.512:
(1) Smoking while working in or traveling through any operation area.
(2) The use of fuse and caps for blasting, unless approval is granted by the forester.
(3) The release of a sky lantern that is inside the district or within one-eighth mile of a district, or when released, crosses above land that is inside the district or within one-eighth mile of the district.
(4) The discharge of an exploding target inside the district or within one-eighth mile of the district.
(5) The discharge of tracer ammunition on land that is within the district or within one-eighth mile of the district, or when discharged, crosses above land that is within the district or within one-eighth mile of the district.
Additional fire restrictions or regulations may apply to various fire risks throughout the fire season.
Fire Season shall remain in effect until terminated by an additional declaration of the State Forester that conditions of fire hazard no longer exist.
Maps of the subject area may be viewed at the State Forester's Office, in Salem, Oregon, and at principal offices of the Forest Protection District.
Nancy Hirsch, Deputy State Forester
Oregon Department of Forestry
June 4, 2015