Effective 12:01 a.m., PDT, August 5, 2014
By virtue of the authority vested in me under the provisions of ORS 477.535 to 477.550, I hereby proclaim a Regulated Closure to be in effect in the following subject area:
All lands protected by the Douglas Forest Protection District, and all lands within one-eighth mile thereof.
Under this Regulated Closure, except as to the owner’s legal right of entry upon their land, entry to all forestland is unlawful unless entrants comply with the following restrictions:
· Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in enclosed vehicles on improved roads.
· Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed. Open fires are allowed if conducted in compliance with a valid Burning Permit issued pursuant to ORS 477.515.
· Chain saw use is prohibited, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in areas subject to Industrial Fire Precaution Level I and II. Chain saw use is permitted at all other hours, if the following fire fighting equipment is present with each operating saw: one axe, one shovel, and one operational 8 ounce or larger fire extinguisher. In addition, a fire watch is required at least one hour following the use of each saw.
· Chain saw use is prohibited in areas subject to Industrial Fire Precaution Level III and IV.
· Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads or for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
· Possession of the following fire fighting equipment is required while traveling in a motorized vehicle, except on federal and state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2˝ pound or larger fire extinguisher. All-terrain vehicles and motorcycles must be equipped with one operational 2 ˝ pound or larger fire extinguisher.
· Use of fireworks is prohibited.
· Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
· Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
· Any electric fence controller in use shall be: 1) Listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory or be certified by the Department of Consumer and Business Services; and 2) Operated in compliance with manufacturer’s instructions.
The State Forester or an authorized representative may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
These restrictions shall remain in effect until replaced, suspended, or terminated by an additional proclamation of the State Forester or an authorized representative.
Maps of the subject area may be viewed at the State Forester's Office, in Salem, Oregon, and at principal offices of the Forest Protection District.
Definitions of words and phrases used in this proclamation may be found in ORS 477.001, OAR 629-041-0005, and at:
Tom Fields, Fire Prevention Coordinator
ODF Fire Protection Program
August 4, 2014